Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Maddening

Hey there, 'Redheads... Greetings from beyond the flowing rivers of green beer and vomit. I hope everyone had a Happy St. Viviana's Day...never heard of it? That's probably because I just made it up. She's the patron saint against hangovers and headaches...so, who better to name the day after St. Patrick's Day for? I'd like to nominate someone else for patron sainthood (can a Jew do that?). I think Jack Bauer should be the patron saint of badasses. I watched Jack kill a man, then start up a truck with the same bloody screwdriver. Somebody call Vince from the ShamWow and SlapChop commercials, because I've got a feeling the StabStart is gonna be bigger than the Snuggie. By the way, if the blog seems mintier than usual, it's because this blogging session is being fueled by Girl Scout Thin Mints. That's right, Thin Mints, making poops smell like altoids since 1980.

So, I should break a small bit of crappy comedy news to you. You may remember in an earlier installment, when I was touting an upcoming feature spot at the DC Improv. Yeah, well...turns out I've been bumped from that stratosphere back down to earthly hosting duties. The headliner is bringing his own guy to feature. No worries, though...it'll still be a fun slate of sold-out shows...just less of me. Me concentrate. So, come check out less of me May 14-17 with Roastmaster General, Jeff Ross. Click the link for tix and info.

And thanks to everyone who came out to the shows at the Baltimore Comedy Factory last weekend. Apparently, people that I don't know either read the blog or stalk me on Facebook, because plenty of printed out coupons with my name on them showed up and I didn't recognize any of the drunken masses as they filed past me and ignored my attempts to sell CDs. So, here's to my supposed fan base.

Congrats to my Terps for squeaking their way into the big dance. They kick off what'll hopefully be a deep run in the tourney on Thursday. Here's the thing with having them in the tourney...I have to try to fill out my brackets without seeming disloyal. If they play up to their potential, they can beat anyone in the country, so it might be easy to justify a national title run, but I have to bet with my head instead of my heart. I'd love to see a UMD/Morgan St. rematch in the championship game, but that's just not gonna happen. The 2009 brackets might as well be pinned on a dart board this year. Any one of about ten teams could conceivably win it all. Once the games tip off, I fully expect my brackets to collapse like a game of Jenga in the Parkinson's ward. Heck, this year the tourney could be won by Stone Cold Steve Austin, who will be playing Syracuse 5 on 1...he gets a steel chair, of course. And this year, President Obama has filled out a Baracket. I think he picked UNC to win it all. As a country, we better hope they do because I think he bet the bailout money on it.

In case you care, here's my Final Four prediction:

MIDWEST REGION: WAKE FOREST
WEST REGION: MEMPHIS
EAST REGION: PITT
SOUTH REGION: SYRACUSE
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: WAKE vs. SYRACUSE
NCAA CHAMPION: SYRACUSE

Book it. Let the games begin.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home