Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dorks In Their Natural Habitat

Hey there 'Redheads... I hope everyone had a fluffy nougat-filled 'ween. Mine was fun. When it came to my costume, I did more waffling than the breakfast buffet at the Belgian embassy. Should I go low effort and rehash the old "Clark Kent mid-change into Superman", maybe go the cute route with a clown nose, or should I try something new? I decided on the latter, dusting off a neglected cloak that I picked up at the Renn Fest a couple years ago. From there it was whether I went the route of Jedi with my plastic light saber (I sense you're judging me...stop it...I can feel your look) or try to adapt an idea I saw in a Speed Bump cartoon. Again, option B won out. I give you The Grim Raker...


I ditched the the rake shortly after that picture was taken. It was a pain in the ass to lug around. Plus, the number of eyes that thing could put out is staggering. I was a walking insurance claim. Cool cloak, though...I'm available for children's parties, by the way. So, my friends and I decided to forgo the usual overpacked Halloween party for something a little different. We went to the Warehouse Theater to check out Diamond Dead, a zombie rock show. We had previously been to one other undead rock show, Bite, the topless vampire revue in Vegas. This one was about a rock band back from the dead with a concert within a show vibe. These were zombies for change...midway through the show, a Sarah Palin look-a-like performed her own musical number, stripping down to a red, white, and blue bikini, while humping her toy shotgun. She was eventually disemboweled and eaten by the band. I'm sure that statement will seal up the flesh-eating demographic for Obama.

On to the title of the blog. Like many of you, I am a Facebookworm (patent pending). My day isn't complete without sharing my status with my legion of digital chums. Well, on Friday, I posted this as my status: Jared Stern sleeps above the covers...FOUR FEET above the covers. A classic line from Ghostbusters. Here's what that begat. Witness dorks in their natural habitat...

David D. at 12:20pm October 31
He barks, he drools....

Seth V. at 12:30pm October 31
It's not Jared, Dave it's the building

David D. at 12:34pm October 31
Cats and dogs...Living together!!! Mass hysteria!!

Seth V. at 12:44pm October 31
mother pussbucket....I could do this all day long

David D. at 12:46pm October 31
Yes, it's true....this man is a dick...serve back to you, Seth...

Seth V. at 12:49pm October 31
I think the quote is...
everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here
they caused an explosion
is this true
yes it's true ...this man has no dick

Good lord I need help

Jared S. at 1:05pm October 31
Tell him about the twinkie...

Seth V. at 1:08pm October 31
well lets say this twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York Area...Based on this mornings reading it would be a twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds

David D. at 1:08pm October 31
Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown....

David D. at 1:08pm October 31
that's a big twinkie...

Seth V. at 1:10pm October 31
we've been going about this all wrong, this mr stay puffs okay, he's a sailor, he's in new york we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble

David D. at 1:10pm October 31
I looked at the trap, Ray...

Seth V. at 1:13pm October 31
Symmetrical book stacking...Just like the Philadelphia turbulence of 1947...You're right no human being could stack books like this

Jared S. at 1:13pm October 31
I collect spores, molds, and fungus

Seth V. at 1:15pm October 31
Listen....do you smell something

David D. at 1:17pm October 31
Ray, when somebody asks if you are a god, you say YES!

Jared S. at 1:20pm October 31
Do you want some coffee?
Do I?
Yes, have some.
Yes, have some...

David D. at 1:24pm October 31
Remember? The nice lady who paid us in advance before she became a dog...

Seth V. at 1:25pm October 31
Well this is great, if the ionization rates are constant for ectoplasmic entities... we can really bust some heads....in the spiritual sense, of course

David D. at 1:32pm October 31
Jared, your status message has satiated the beast that hungered within me...

Seth V. at 1:33pm October 31
Yes, thank you Jared

Patrick S. at 1:40pm October 31
Are you, Jared, menstruating right now?

Seth V. at 1:43pm October 31
What does that have to do with it?
Back off man, I'm a scientist

David D. at 2:00pm October 31
Ok, who brought the dog?

Todd B. at 2:01pm October 31
That's Nova Scotia salmon. The real thing. It costs $24.95 a pound but really $12.48 a pound net after tax. I'm writing this whole party off as a promotional expense. That's why I invited clients instead of friends. Try that Brie, it's dynamite at room temperature. Maybe I should turn the heat up a bit ...

Todd B. at 2:02pm October 31
Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming. Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership, but Annette is drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago and the house has $15,000 left at eight percent.

Jared S. at 2:04pm October 31
Where do these stairs go...?
They go up.

David D. at 2:08pm October 31
-What are you supposed to be, some kinda cosmonaut?
-No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on 12.
-That's gotta be some cockroach.
-Bite your head off, man...

David D. at 2:11pm October 31
-Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon...what have you got left?
-Sorry, Peter- I'm terrified beyond all capacity for rational thought...

Seth V. at 2:12pm October 31
Hi this is Larry King, the phone in topic...Ghosts and Ghostbusting. The controversy builds more sightings are reported. Some maintain that these professional paranormal eliminators are the cause of it all

Jared S. at 2:13pm October 31
Hello. I'm Peter. Where are you from...originally?

Seth V. at 2:14pm October 31
Is it possible that we have blown this way out of proportion and that Jared in fact does sleep four feet above his covers...using some sort of crazy rigging device that we just don't know about?

David D. at 2:16pm October 31
-Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
-It would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

Seth V. at 2:19pm October 31
still making headlines across the country the ghostbusters are at it again this time at the fashionable dance club "the rose" The boys in gray slugged it out with a pretty pesky poltergeist and then stayed on to dance the night away with some lovely ladies who witnessed the disturbance...This is Casey Casem and now on with the countdown.....

Todd B. at 2:22pm October 31
I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!

Seth V. at 2:26pm October 31
I remember revelations 7:12 ...and I looked and he opened the 6th seal and behold there was a great earthquake and the sun became as black as sackcloth and the moon became as blood

Jared S. at 2:31pm October 31
But if I'm right...Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

Jared S. at 2:34pm October 31
Who are you guys?
We're the Ghostbusters
Who does your taxes?

Seth V. at 2:40pm October 31
Are you troubled by strange noises in the night
Do you experience feeling of dread in your basement or attic
Have you or your family every seen a spook spectre or ghost
If the answer is yes then don't wait another minute call the professionals Ghostbusters
Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural elimination needs
We're ready to believe you


Fin. Go vote.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home