Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bloggy Blog Blog...Shabba-doo

That's the worst title I've ever heard... If you get that reference, we should start a secret society...with a handshake and stuff. Hey there, 'Redheads... It occurred to me after I posted the last installment that I completely forgot to mention my gig in Harrisburg. So, this one will be a tale of two cities. More like a blurb of two cities.

Thanks to Corey and the great staff at the Harrisburg Comedy Zone for a great bunch of shows. I ended up going up there a day early to fill in for my comedy buddy, Sonya King, and host the open mic on Thursday night. The open mic isn't held in the main club. They put it in the adjacent bar. We had a couple guys popping their comedy cherries that night. The crowd met and exceeded my expectations for attentiveness and responsiveness...especially considering the Eagles game was left on the TVs. Overall it was a fun weekend. I have family that live in the Lancaster area, so I got a chance to hang out with them for a bit. Luckily, Harrisburg is a short drive. So, when I was sitting in my hotel room after Saturday night's show and noticed the floor was moving, it was an easy decision to pack up my crap and head home.

This past weekend in NC was pretty nifty. Big ups to the staff at the Greensboro Comedy Zone. Easily the nicest club I've been to on the road. And the waitresses are sa-mokin'. We had a packed house for all four shows and the Greensborans were downright friendly...drunk, but friendly.

On Sunday, I had a minor religious experience. I found the local Hooters, sat myself down in front of five flat screen TVs and mainlined football and wings. And it was good. By the way, if you wanted to know how many Hooters wings it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of regret, it's somewhere around 30. Speaking of football, Tom Brady's shredded patella has pretty much quashed the hopes of two of my four fantasy teams. Can't wait for week two.

Oh, by the way...
FREE BOOZE IN BALTIMORE


For those of you itching to see me locally, here's some ointment for ya. Come check me out at the Baltimore Comedy Factory this weekend (Thu-Sat) with headliner, Jim Florentine. Seven shows for your viewing pleasure. And if you print out this coupon...

Your drinks are free, thus making me funnier...and blurrier. See you in Charm City. Whether you remember seeing me is another issue.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home