Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blog-o-ganda

Hey there 'Redheads... Wow, two whole entries in Blogtober...this thing is really picking up pile of steam...yep, it sure is a steaming pile. I was hoping to find time to hammer out some fresh bloggage and luckily, my cable went out...so here we are. As of the last installment, the economy was in shambles. The Dow sunk like a turd after a beef dinner. And just to show you that no one is immune to this financial faceplant, I found this story the other day...

Playboy to eliminate 55 jobs in cost-cutting move

Playboy Enterprises Inc disclosed in a Wednesday regulatory filing that upcoming cost-cutting measures will include eliminating 55 jobs at the Chicago publishing and entertainment concern. Playboy also included in the filing a copy of a "Dear Fellow Employees" letter sent out to workers Wednesday, in which Chairman and Chief Executive Christie Hefner said the economy's deterioration make it "unavoidable that we reduce our cost structure to reflect current economic realities." Hefner's letter spells out a number of cost-cutting moves, including consolidating facilities and reducing travel outlays and overtime. "Unfortunately," she continued, the changes will also mean the elimination of about 80 positions in the company..."

Wow. 80 positions. I hope they hang on to Reverse Cowgirl...that one's a keeper. You know things are crappy when people can't even afford to jerk off anymore. These are dark times we live in. Which is why it's so important to vote. See, this is the kind of public (I said "public") service announcement that'll get people to the polls...use one hand to pull the lever, so the other may yank the crank (message pending approval).

I found a couple bits of video that've helped me make up my mind. Check out Obama at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner. It's ten minutes long, but it's an engaging ten minutes...stick with it...


He crushed. I expected him to drop the mic and walk off stage when he was done. I'm not a big issue guy. When it comes to picking a presidential candidate, I'm like a girl on Match.com...sense of humor is, like, sooo important. I think it shows a capability for abstract thought that is important in a leader. Besides, in order to be effective, you have to be, at the very least, charismatic. I have some problems with McCain, which are purely superficial, but that's how I roll. First, he says "Warshington". Learn to pronounce it first, then maybe we'll let you live there. Also, he whistles his esses when he talks...irks the everloving crap out of me. When I close my eyes, Obama sounds presidential...McCain sounds like a cartoon squirrel. And have you seen Cindy McCain? She creeps me right the fuck out. She looks like Goldie Hawn from Death Becomes Her...



And don't get me started on Sarah Palin...


Ok, enough politics. Here's one thing we can all agree on, Bruce Campbell is a bad ass. He's got a new flick coming out soon, called My Name Is Bruce. I'll let the trailer speak for itself...


It's coming to DC for one night and one night only at the Landmark on E St. on November 15th. Save the date.

Before I go, I must plug the big comedy show at the DC Improv Comedy Lounge on Saturday. Myself, John McBride, Erik Myers, and Joe Robinson will be on stage for your viewing pleasure. The weather is supposed to be wet and miserable, so let a smile be your umbrella and come laugh at us. Click the link for tix and info.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home