Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Labor-a-doodle

Hey hey 'Redheads... Well, Blogust is just about over. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed doing it...to you. Three things I wanted to hit on real quick, then I'll let you go about your day. September is barreling toward us and with it comes the sweet arrival of the three greatest initials in sports: NFL. Soon, the oblong hole in my soul will once again be plugged with pigskin...real and fantasy. I had my first fantasy draft (of 4) for the league of comedy people that I'm in (with locals Mike Shader and Kelly Terranova)...defending Super Bowl champ...just saying is all. I had an ok draft...I missed out on Reggie Bush because I wasn't looking at the right part of the draft board...here's my starting line-up for 2008...Shit's Crazy:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Plaxico Burress
WR: Laverneous Coles
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB: Selvin Young
TE: Jeremy Shockey
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Jaguars

I also took a flier on rookie WR DeSean Jackson, who'll hopefully be a deep threat for Philly. I've got three more drafts in the next couple days. Hopefully, I can once again latch on to Tom Brady's coat-tails and water ski to victory. Let the fake games begin.

I'm worried about the YouTube viewing habits of you guys and gals. You are ignoring well written genuinely funny material in favor of trainwreck-spotting. I offer exhibit A. This great sketch that Chris White and I did has 63 views...

(by the way, I'm available to ominously voice weddings and bar mitzvahs)

Meanwhile, this dreck has 25,385 views...


C'mon, people... I admit schadenfreude is fun for the whole family, but start giving non-crotch-shot video a chance, eh? Sheesh.

This weekend begins four straight of getting laughed at by people. I'll be kicking off this micro-tour at the Harrisburg Comedy Zone. If you're up that way, come check out that show...we'll hang.

I'd like to close with this: If you pay money to see Disaster Movie this weekend, we can't be friends anymore. Demand better, people.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home