Monday, January 31, 2011

Hair Raising

Hey there, 'Redheads... Everybody have a good weekend? Mine was pretty fun. I filled in as MC for a couple late night shows at the Arlington Drafthouse with comedy comrade, Tim Miller, and your headliner, Orny Adams. You may remember Orny from Jerry Seinfeld's documentary, Comedian. He's the other comedian that the camera follows around when it's not on Jerry. A fun time was had by all. Even with the snow, people found their way to us to warm up with some laughs. Orny's got a Comedy Central special coming out soon. I recommend you check it out. His look has changed over the past couple years. His hair is bigger. The reason I mention that is because I was talking about it with Tim and I remarked that he looked like Lord Whorfin from Buckaroo Banzai...Tim had no idea what the hell I was talking about. So, I went with a different reference and I said he looked like Heat Miser...Still had no idea. I'm not that much older than him. Are these two things that obscure? I get not having seen Buckaroo Banzai (but seriously, if you haven't, rent it), but who hasn't heard of Heat Miser? Is it a black/white thing? Help me out, people. Anyway, was I far off?Just sayin' is all...

Also, because of my comedic responsibilities, I missed out on seeing my first monster truck rally. You heard me. Monster Jam was in town and, on a lark, a bunch of friends decided to go. I was pretty jealous that couldn't partake in the white trash festivities. I've been to plenty of live wrestling events, but this is on another level. I'm sure it was a hoot and a holler. It's not often that you get a chance to cheer on cars getting crushed by bigger cars, unless a Hummer backs over a Smart Car while parallel parking.

More on Tuesday...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home