Thursday, January 27, 2011

Diggin' Out

Hey there, 'Redheads... Is everyone enjoying your snow day? Unfortunately, I had to go to work today, but since everybody else was socked in, my commute was a breeze. A stiff cold breeze. But the roads were clean and clear. I guess people didn't abandon their cars on my route to work. I can't believe people did that. Maybe I'm just spoiled with four-wheel drive, but in blizzard conditions, I'd rather be in a heated metal shell than out. How do all you snooty Prius owners feel about our gas guzzlers now, huh? The environment doesn't care what you're trying to do for it. Case in point, my buddy Nick, who swapped his hybrid with his mother's 4x4 to make sure his car didn't slip into an embankment. While he was able to get around during the storm, a tree fell an crushed his hybrid in his mom's driveway. What I'm saying is, you owe it to yourself to put nature in it's place. Go spray some aerosol.

I'd like to get in on the snowings-on, so I think I'll attempt a roof deck snowman when I get home. Happy to not be one of the 400,000 people without power in the DC area. If I were still living at the former Stately Stern Manor, I'd probably be in Amish country too. Hopefully, you're still able to read the blog by candlelight.

For those of you who gave my trivia questions a go, here are the answers...

1. Who is the only actor that has been killed by a Terminator, an Alien, and a Predator? That would be Bill Paxton, who bought it in Aliens, Predator 2, and he was in Terminator. He was one of the punks that Arnold killed for their clothes in the beginning...


2. What movie did Steven Speilberg give Dan Aykroyd a cameo in to thank him for putting Speilberg in Blues Brothers? Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Aykroyd is the guy that greets Indy at Lao Che's air field.


3. Who was originally cast as Marty McFly in Back to the Future, but was fired three weeks into filming and replaced by Michael J. Fox? Eric Stoltz.


4. Who holds the world record for playing the longest note ever recorded on a saxophone? Kenny G, who, using circular breathing, held an E-flat for 45 minutes and 47 seconds.

5. Which living actor has made the most films to date? Not Samuel L. Jackson. Not even close. He only has 107 films to his credit. The correct answer is Christopher Lee, who at the age of 89 has appeared in over 260 films.

Hope you liked 'em. Maybe we'll make this a regular feature on here. Or not. See you Friday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home