Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catnip

Hey there, 'Redheads... Big news has hit the interwebs about the third Batman flick. It was announced that Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman. Reaction that I've seen has been mixed. I'm going to reserve judgment on how she'll be able to pull it off. When I first heard that Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, I couldn't see it, and his performance won a Batman movie a goddamn Oscar. Don't get me wrong, two thumbs way up for Anne Hathaway in a skin tight catsuit, but that's only part of Selina Kyle's charm. Catwoman is an iconic character. Just ask Halle Berry. I'm sure her performance will put her somewhere between Eartha Kitt and Michelle Pfeiffer in the pantheon. I wish I thought of it first, but fellow DC area comic Mike James said, "Apparently all you have to do to be a Batman villain is bone Jake Gyllenhaal in a previous movie." Hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious, do yourself a favor and check out the waning hours of Magooby's attempt to break the world record for longest continuous comedy show. I had a great time on stage last night and watching my comedy comrades, Ayanna Dookie, Rob Maher, Sonny Fuller, and Mike Way, in action. Your last chance to watch me do my part in this herculean effort is tomorrow night at 8pm. Check me out, then hang out to watch the record get busted at 11:30. Like you really have anything better to do. And it's for charity. Free bulk comedy and you can feel extra good about laughing at what our twisted minds come up with. About five years back, the standard credit for any comic in the Baltimore area was being an extra on The Wire. Co-holder of this record will replace that.

See you manana... Doo doo de doo doo...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home