Tuesday, January 25, 2011

State of Me

Hey there, 'Redheads... I, like alot of you, just got done watching the State of the Union address. In order to spice up the proceedings, I drank every time John Boehner got weepy. I am hammered. Man, he did not look happy when Obama brought up clean energy. This doesn't make any sense to me. He's so tan, you'd think he'd be pro-solar power. Boehner is so orange, he makes Snooki look like Gwyneth Paltrow. When Obama started talking about how the space race spurred such growth back in the 60's, I was hoping he'd say, "...which is why I propose we put a man on Mars before the North Koreans do!" I thought it was a good speech, but with the intermingled seating between parties, it was tough to tell which side agreed with him. I always enjoyed the lopsided standing ovations of States of the Union past, one side on their feet, while the other side has their arms crossed and bitter beer faces. But enough about the Union. Let's get to the state of me.

I'm not sure what's gotten into me lately, but this is the second night in a row I've gone to the gym. My girlfriend got a Groupon for a one month membership to Results, so now I aim to get some. I've started slow, literally, I'm power walking on the treadmill. Two and a half miles over randomly inclined terrain at a brisk 3.5 speed setting. I know, I'm an animal. A sloth. I had to keep myself from laughing when a woman in her sixties got on the treadmill next to me. Here I am, at 3.5, with a variable incline of 0 to 1.5, and I look over to see her at 3.6 at a steady incline of 7. Maybe I'll try a water aerobics class tomorrow. Anyway, it's a start. I've stayed steady with the blog, so maybe I can stick with this and mold this tub of goo into something that resembles abs. Let's just go for one ab. Baby steps. In fact, I half expect a toddler to bench more than me at this point.

See you Wednesday...

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

While you're reshaping yourself, you may want to try the hundred push ups challenge.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html

It's only six weeks. Four, if you can already do 20 push ups. If that sounds hard, just remember, Jack LaLanne set a world record of 1,033 push-ups in 23 minutes when he was 42 years old.

Good luck!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home