Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Randomimity

Hey there 'Redheads... This recent cold snap has put a freeze on my planned blogging schedule, because I've been burning blog ideas for warmth. Jumpin' Jim Brunzell it's cold. I wanted to shimmy a quick one in before the witching hour, so I just have a couple random tidbits for ye.

First, a quick word problem. On my way to work this morning, I spotted a man driving a sedan with a pink candy paint job, Louis Vuitton logos and dollar signs patterned on the roof and hood, and on the back was written "Bubble Gum Hunter" in pink. At 35mph, how fast should I call the cops?

The big sports news is Mark McGwire's admission that he took steroids while he was putting baseballs into orbit en route to breaking Roger Maris' hallowed single season home run record. Quite the revelation. Mark McGwire also revealed that his name is Mark McGwire. Most of us were convinced when he stood before congress and said, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." The only way we were going to be shocked was if, mid press conference, he did this. I'd like to state, for the record, that I have never taken performance enhancing drugs. And it shows.

Another shocking bit of news is that The Jay Leno Show sucks so bad that light can't escape it. So, NBC decided to lance the boil on the ass of it's prime time line-up. As a result, they're giving Conan O'Brien a peacock right up the ass, trying to shove his Tonight Show to midnight to wedge Leno's cartoonishly large chin in at 11:35. Well, Conan is wound up, and not just because Jay is torquing that knife in his back. When the dust from this shit storm settles, Jay will get his way, Conan will probably head up to FOX, and Jimmy Fallon will have the freakin' Tonight Show essentially fall in his lap. Which will make this picture seem all the more impressive...

In the wake of NBC's shameless treatment of Conan O'Brien, I'd like to take a moment to shed some light on an oft overlooked problem...
Please give.

One quick plug before I wrap up. On Saturday, Jan. 30th, I'm part of a dynamite line-up at the DC Improv Comedy Lounge. Me, Chris White, Erik Myers, Jason Weems, and Aparna Nancherla. Even if you're sick of me, this'll be a great show. It will sell out. Get your tix by clicking here.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home