Monday, December 14, 2009

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Hey there 'Redheads... Happy 4th night of Hanukkah (or 5th, depending on when you read this). It's the festival of lights, so I hope everyone is celebrating appropriately...by getting lit. With the incessant tide of yule blaring Xmas music just about everywhere you turn, I was pretty jazzed to stumble on this new take on a recent Hanukkah classic...

I think I'm going to pass on Adam Sandler's cover of Sweet Caroline. Which brings me to the theme of this installment. I'm a big fan of movie remakes. The 2001 remake of the 1960 Ocean's Eleven is one of my all time favorite flicks, as is the 2004 remake of 1978's Dawn of the Dead. Each one classics in their own right. So, I'm not against remaking a film as an homage or giving it a needed update to fit the times. Now that I've gotten that small point out of the way, may I direct your attention to the following two movie trailers. The first is for 2007's understated British black comedy, Death at a Funeral...

And the next one is for the overstated black comedy, coming out in April 2010, Death at a Funeral...


It's the same movie. It's the same premise, the same plot, the same gags, the same characters, and the same goddamn midget. Except, instead of understated British humor, you get to hear Tracy Morgan say, "DAAAAAAAAMN!" Nice to know that Hollywood has outsourced its script writing to Kinko's. I'd like to announce my plans to remake Avatar, by turning the contrast knob about three clicks to the right.

Let's move on to happier news. I got a great Hanukkah present on Sunday in the form of a new bouncing bundle of baby nephew...
Until his bris this weekend, he has no name, but I think I'm leaning toward Hanukkah Harry. I'm sure the parents will approve.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home