Monday, December 07, 2009

Wide World of Sports

Hey there 'Redheads... I'm not sure I'm ready to accept the fact that it's a week deep into December. Time is flying like a clock in a catapult. The evidence was overwhelming on Saturday, when we got our first bit of snowfall. Luckily, I made sure to stockpile the essential bread, milk, and toilet paper before the big storm the Mayans tried to warn us about touched down and made the streets all damp. It wasn't even good snowball weather. All it left me with was a minor inconvenience and a hankering for a milk and toilet paper sandwich.

I'd like to thank Tiger Woods for filling the void with plenty of salacious slush to frolic in. I kind of feel sorry for Tiger, mostly because of the many double entendres that exist in golf terminology. Por ejemplo, there's no fair way to tell just how deep in the rough his balls are, but he needs to improve his lie with so many holes left to play. And it's only too perfect that there's nine strumpets (I'm bringing that word back) claiming he left a divot in their sand trap. Most women I've talked to seem to agree that the best word to describe him: Putz. Then, of course, there's the obvious cat pun that I haven't heard anyone make yet, so please pardon me while I make it here. He should probably change his name to *deep breath* Cheetah. I'm here all week. Try the veal.

If Tiger's travails weren't enough for you, then maybe you got a kick out the latest schadenfreude exhibition put on by the Washington Redskins, who outplayed the undefeated Saints for all but about two minutes of regulation. They had a chance to go up by 10 points with 1:52 remaining. Here's a reenactment of what happened next. Viggo Mortensen represents the Saints, William Hurt represents every Skins fan watching, and the henchman with the chip shot chance to seal the deal represents Shaun Suisham...
I suppose the other henchmen represent the many missed tackles of LaRon Landry... And after that, the Skins once again failed to succeed or succeeded at failure, and for all of that effort, they got squadoosh. I know the team is embroiled in a legal fight to change their name. After this loss, may I suggest they change it to the Generals. If you got trigger happy with your remote during the game, hopefully you were able to catch this infomercial gem that was on Channel 7 during the first half...
Wow, Bachelor of the Arts Baracus hawking cookware to a paid studio audience of fools not even fit for his pity... I'm pretty sure even Dirk Benedict would've turned that gig down. Mr. T's street cred shouldn't be swayed by this tiny pock mark. After all, he got past this...


Big doings in sports that don't exist, too. Of the four teams that I helmed this fantasy football season, a whopping one of them, The Minnesota Vicarious, was able to back into the playoffs, while another, The Most Humble, has an outside shot. As for the other two, I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that my fantasy just might be mediocrity and crippling disappointment. I've got it that good, apparently.

Speaking of reality, do yourself a favor and check out my comedy compadre, Ryan Conner's breakdown of the televised collision of two trains carrying a load of douche nozzles known as Jersey Shore. Click here to feel better about yourself.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mduette said...

Blah blah blah sports blah blah.

Way to know your target audience ;)

First part was funny though. I may even check out the video!

You're welcome!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home