Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All Work And No Blog...

Hey there 'Redheads... Greetings from beyond the frozen tundra. I hope everyone has dug out and are now able to go about their business. The pandemic of cabin fever around town made The Shining look like a documentary. A lot of people were excited about the snow. I call these people Eskimos. Here's the sad truth about getting older and more practical. Snow no longer means care free frolicking. It's a horrible inconvenience. Businesses shut down because no one can get anywhere. Luckily, I didn't have a comedy gig this weekend, because it would've been cancelled. And the mere forecast of snow sends the populace into hysterics. People pile into the grocery store and ransack the aisles like they may never see sunlight again. God forbid you have to buy something simple, like toothpaste, because you get stuck in the express line behind 15 yahoos who have enough loaves of bread in their cart to build a fort out of pumpernickel. By the way, here's a helpful shopping tip for the panic stricken masses: If the store is sold out of toilet paper, just buy extra bread. So, it's a huge hassle for anyone who has plans that don't involve crawling inside an animal carcass for warmth.

Such was the case for my parents and I, who needed to get up to Philly on Sunday for my as yet unnamed nephew's bris. As of Saturday afternoon, we weren't going to risk the trip, since we were one man short of a capable bobsled team. We decided to wait until early Sunday morning to see if the road crews made any headway. I got the call at 6am on Sunday that we were a go. I expected the trip to be a reenactment of the Donner Party. Turns out, we had a pretty clear shot up to Philly. So, without further ado, may I introduce my new nephew, Asher Yosef...
Nicknames abound for this kid. The obvious one, of course, is Ash. Until the bris, everyone has been calling him Sting because of the blond hair. Then, there's the timeless classic, Scrunchyface McPoopypants.

And now, a tale of two trailers. When I saw Ninja Assassin recently, I saw this trailer for the upcoming comic book flick, Kick-Ass...
I was mildly interested, but not terribly impressed. It looked like a pretty tepid, kinda funny, smirk at the recent flood of superhero flicks. Today, I saw this trailer for the same movie...
HOLY. SHIT. This movie looks amazing. Take away the purple costume and this is what Natalie Portman's character in The Professional could've become. Consider my ten bucks spent.

The balcony is closed. I'm going to bed. May you have a very merry and a holly jolly...

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home