Monday, October 12, 2009

Blogtoberfest

Hey there 'Redheads... Short turnaround from the last installment for a change. I wanted to bolster Blogtober and sneak in a quickie before my comedy road trip this weekend (details to follow). The mornings are starting to get chilly out there...good sleeping weather. The past couple mornings, willing myself out of bed has taken longer than Uma Thurman trying to wiggle her big toe in Kill Bill.

I hope everyone had a swell Columbus Day. I celebrated in the traditional way. By gambling, drinking firewater, and cranking Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills... Sing along, won't you?


Anyone else find it mildly ironic that most of DC wanted to run the Redskins out of town today? I could've sworn somebody was running a blanket drive down at Fed Ex Field. Grab a bucket of popcorn and watch the sky fall when they lose to the Chefs (great googily moogily) next week.

I feel like Columbus must've fired his PR firm, because he's been getting a heap of bad press these last couple of years. The focus has shifted from sailing the ocean blue and discovering America to that whole decimation of the Indians thing. Some people have started referring to it as Indigenous People's Day. Others choose to celebrate the life and work of Peter Falk.

Speaking of PR firms, I'd love to meet the team behind this PSA...

Thanks to comedy compadre, Andy Kline for this little gem. Apparently, this new spot was created to address the recent upswing in domestic violence in Memphis. Which begs the question, how annoying are families in Memphis? Maybe they should just make one to run during Blue's Clues to let the kiddies know, "Don't wanna die? Don't cry." Run one on Oxygen that tells the ladies, "Don't want to be twitchin'? Quit yer bitchin'." I'm also available for children's parties, by the way...

In the last installment, my cinematic pick to click was the gruesome zomedy, Zombieland. It's splatterrific. But, if an over-the-top gorefest isn't your cup of bile, might I suggest having the bejeezus scared out of you by an understated demon possession. Go see Paranormal Activity. It's in the same low-budget vein as The Blair Witch Project, but this one actually lives up to the hype. This flick is nightmare fuel. My only complaint was with the jerky camera work that this style of film making requires. Nothing like some nausea to go with your heart attack.

I'd like to announce that I'm still in the running for the Nobel Prize for Procrastination. Should hear from the committee any day now...

For those of you in the West Virginia area, I'll be at the Comedy Zone in Charleston, WV this weekend. Always nice to see some friendly faces in the crowd. Click the link for tix and info.

See ya in a few...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home