Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Six Symbol

Hey there 'Redheads... I've only got an hour left to get Day 6 of Blog-A-Day in May in the books before the clock strikes midnight. Three quick things to share. Just got back from watching the Caps game at my buddy Greg's place. Simeon Varlamov is a brick wall with a head. He's the only reason the Caps didn't get outright embarrassed tonight. The second period looked like a twenty-minute long Penguin power play...seriously, can hockey be played half-rink?

Before the game, we had dinner at one of my favorite little restaurants, Roy's Place. Right in the heart of old town Gaithersburg. They offer over 200 sandwiches on the menu. I indulged in my favorite, The Dracula... Two Polish sausages wrapped in bacon, with broiled provolone cheese, buried in cole slaw & Russian dressing on French bread. Yum-a-dum dum. Yes, the heart of old town Gaithersburg is kinda plaquey.

Finally, I wanted to share a short exchange I had with my friend Sam (short for Samantha) at one of my weekly poker games last night. Sam can be described as spunky. I forget how the conversation got there, but she admitted to having a Tinkerbell t-shirt. I remarked that didn't shock me in the slightest. She said, "Because I constantly zip around the room." And I added, "And because we clap when we believe you exist."

See you tomorrow...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home