Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home Stretch

Hey hey, 'Redheads... Long time, no type...what else is new? Actually, I only recently awakened from my Thanksgiving food coma. I hope everyone had a trytophantastic Turkey Day. We had turducken at our feast. For those unfamiliar, that's a turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken. If you ever get the chance to eat an animal with two other animals stuffed into it, treat yourself. It's as delicious as a triple murder gets. But, hardly an excuse to keep you guys waiting two weeks for another helping of this corn and tripe casserole.

Big news for all of you who've been clamoring to see me live on a local stage. I got word today that I've been asked back to open for Good For The Jews at The Birchmere. The show is Sunday, the 21st, the first night of Hanukkah. Click the links to get an idea of what you're in for. Let's light this menorah...

Once again, I've started the cycle of frittering away five bucks worth of false hope on the ever growing lottery jackpot. In these tough times, it's just about as reliable as the stock market. I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 million smackers. I've gone with my usual fortune cookie numbers. And they hit. Five dollars worth of tickets won me seven bucks. I'm in the black and I'm letting it ride. Here's hoping I'll be having my manservant, Punjab, type the next installment while I dictate to him from atop a pile of money and hookers.

I took in some college b-ball last week at the BB&T Classic and watched the Terps knock George Washington's wooden teeth down their throat in a 30 point blowout. One of the sponsors of the night's game was the U.S. Navy, who's logo flashed up on the jumbotron with the slogan: Defending freedom for 200 years. Does the Navy need a slogan? It's not like they're selling something...if we don't like what they're selling, we're not going to take our business elsewhere. Here are some other completely unnecessary slogans...

Food: What's in your mouth?
Oxygen: It's in every breath you take.
Gravity: Keeping you grounded.


I had a pretty funny conversation with one of my co-workers the other day. He wanted to know what I thought of some of the new movies that had come out on DVD. The talk turned to the recent Indiana Jones opus. Some of you readers may remember I had some pretty strong opinions about that flick. You can click on the link for the long version (scroll down), but I told him that I thought it was a badly told story with a bunch of rehashed chase scenes. I qualified it with, "but this is coming from a guy who considers the first three classics." To which he replied, "Well, you're talking to a guy who saw White Chicks twice..." Touche.

Speaking of classic videos, here's a musical gem that'll stick with you...

Kinda reminds me of the dream I had after eating that turducken.

See ya soon...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home