Friday, July 04, 2008

In The Pendence

Hey there 'Redheads... This installment is a quickie. I've got a couple things I wanted to say to no one in particular. Since no one in particular reads this blog, the message has a medium. Happy 4th of July, first of all. Go celebrate freedom. Colorful explosions set to music seems like the popular way to go. I myself will be heaving a giant crate of Lipton Iced Tea into my neighbor's pool...let those redcoats know we still mean business.

Big thanks to Chip, Jeff, Shannon, and the amazing staff of the Baltimore Comedy Factory for a great slate of shows last weekend. Once again, Charm City treated me well. I got a chance to work with the very cool Vince Morris. 'Twas a pleasure. Not only was he funny, but he took the time to listen to my act and gave me a great tag for a joke. And we got drunkity-drunk drunk.


Tyler Richardson was the MC for the weekend. He is a strange strange fellow. I use that adjective twice because his mission statement for the weekend was to get "some Baltimore strange". Did I mention they changed the city motto to "Baltimore: It burns when we pee"?

By the by, belated congratulations to Erin Jackson, who made it to the semis of Last Comic Standing and got flat out robbed of a spot on the show. Really NBC? God's Pottery over Erin? Good luck with that. Check out the clip of her set and you tell me you wouldn't want to watch her weekly...


And now IRONY IN THE NEWS...


Irony - a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result.
He hopped two fences to get his hat and got decapitated. Not sayin' it's funny...just a real life example. That one's for you, George.

In 24 hours, I'll be in Las Vegas. With Jon Mumma, Justin Schlegel, Jay Hastings, and Sean Gabbert. Send bail money.

May the Fourth be with you...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home