Thursday, May 08, 2008

J/B/P/T-A-DAY IN MAY 8: Is it enough?

Hey there 'Redheads... It's been a long day. My bed is calling my name. The time between me hitting the "publish" button and my head hitting the pillow will be measured in seconds. So, let's get to the start of week 2 of JOKE/BIT/PREMISE/TAG-A-DAY IN MAY. As you can tell, I've upped the number of blogs on the page to seven. So, if you miss a day or three of this cavalcade of craptastic comedy, you can catch up and make your life whole again. Ok, onward and upward...

This goes with the Dr. Pepper premise from #6 which, for the sake of taking up more space, I'll reprint here...

We live in an age when everything can kill us. Phones, cigarettes, old age...life is a Star Trek episode, and we're the ensign with the red uniform on the away team with the bridge crew. There's one particular hazard that I think will be mankind's undoing. We created this monster for our enjoyment and it's only a matter of time before it destroys us. Diet Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper. This isn't a beverage, it's a run-on sentence. I hope Dr. Pepper is an oncologist, because this chemical cocktail is enough to grow tumors in sand.

This is hardly the first time that a soft drink has contained suspect ingredients. Cocaine used to be in Coca-Cola. They had to take it out, because it hurts like hell when you snort Coca-Cola through your nose. Have you ever done that? Ouchie. But making poison delicious is just what we do. A spoonful of sugar to help the cyanide go down. And if it's a choice between eating delicious poison or crappy health food, we generally pick the poison. I can understand why. We all suffer from the same terminal illness. Life has a 100% mortality rate, regardless of how much granola you eat. I sampled a health bar today that claimed it was "chocolate and peanut" flavor. This is a can't fail combination in cups and pieces, but when I bit into it, Reese rolled over in his grave (is he even dead?..well, he rolled over in his bed). Y'ever eat something so bad that it turns you into Robert DeNiro? (this would be a visual joke, but it would involve a hacky facial impression act-out) My body rejected it. I spat out a suicide note written by my taste buds. That was supposed to be good for me.

I think this might have a shot at working. I just have to un-muddle the message that I'm trying to get across.

G'night...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home