Saturday, May 03, 2008

JOKE/BIT/PREMISE/TAG-A-DAY IN MAY 3

Howdy 'Redheads... Oy vey, the pollen is kickin' my ass today. You can set a clock by my sneezing fits today. Speaking of clocks, I woke up this morning in a time warp. When I got in my car and turned on the radio, who did I hear blaring out the business end? The Greaseman. He's back on DC101 doing Saturday mornings, doing the same waddle-doodle shtick I grew up listening to in the late 80's and early 90's...



Oh, the magic of radio. Happy not to be pulling those rabbits out of my hat anymore.

Enough of that. To help put the turd in Saturday, it's time once again for
JOKE/BIT/PREMISE/TAG-A-DAY IN MAY
Where I foist my feeble hackery upon you, the ever tolerant populace. And away we go...

I think it's time for movies to stop using the phrase, "From the people who brought you..." to sell a flick to the movie-going public. Judd Apatow has had one or two critically acclaimed funny movies...and alot of people were involved in bringing them to you. So, now, every piece of celluloid that has anyone from those movies attached to it is, "from the people who brought you Super Bad and Knocked Up." Just because a gaffer from one of those flicks is holding the boom mic for the next one off the Apatow assembly line doesn't make it good. Remember, the people who brought you Star Wars also shoveled Howard The Duck into theaters. It reminds me of my mail man. The same person who brings me my Urkel toaster cozy that I bought on Ebay also brings me my bills. Joy and pain. Yin and yang. Starsky and Hutch.

I think that one has legs. Short, stubby, polio-ridden legs, but it's a start. Any thoughts?

See you Sunday...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home