Sunday, May 04, 2008

JOKE/BIT/PREMISE/TAG-A-DAY IN MAY 4

Hey hey, 'Redheads... I hope everyone had a funday Sunday. I just got back from seeing Iron Man at the Uptown. This movie was great. There was nothing that usually detracts from my enjoyment of a super-hero origin story. The action didn't suffer for exposition's sake, but they didn't cut corners on character development either, there wasn't an over-reliance on CGI effects, and the flick is genuinely funny in spots. A hoot. Geeks will want to make sure they stay to the very end of the credits for a fun treat.

So, we're four days into May and I've already surpassed my blog load from April. I'm getting this one in just under the wire to keep my daily streak alive. Thanks to everyone who has given these a gander and offered some constructive feedback. I got some good ideas from comedy buddy, Mike Shader (there's your shout out...go google), that I'll share with you...

On your Jesus fish joke. The idea that some people who put a Jesus fish sticker on their car then decide that they can drive more like an asshole is a funny concept. I would not state it that the car "always has a Jesus sticker" since that's just not true but maybe make it into a classic Jared math joke. 5 cars out of 100 have Jesus fish stickers on them. Out of 100 cars that cut me off 10 of them have the sticker. Jesus is clearly a bad influence on people's driving habits. Or maybe there were caveats to his message "though shall be kind to others and respect their space.... unless its rush hour on the beltway and you are late for work... then cut the Jew off!"

Thanks Mike. That's one to grow on.

Ok, time now for the fourth installment of...
JOKE/BIT/PREMISE/TAG-A-DAY IN MAY


The lottery has crept back up to the triple-digit millions, so in the interest of financial planning, I'll be dropping a five spot on the American dream of obscene wealth without having to do anything. I think I have a shot this time. I'm going to steer the odds in my favor. I'm going to get a job at a meat recycling plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Then, me and the gals in the secretary pool will all put in a dollar and play the numbers of our grand-children's birthdays. I have to promise myself the when I win, I won't quit my job at the plant. It's a lead-pipe lock. The only thing that might stymie my plans is I'm not 65, but you're only as old as you feel...besides, my Wii fitness evaluation thinks I'm 71.

See ya on cinco...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home