Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flurry of Activity

Hey there 'Redheads... A happy 1-11-11 to you. Not nearly as cool as November 11th will be, but I won't begrudge you your arbitrary number celebrations. I can't believe it's still January. Man, this year is dragging. One group of people who'll be happy when this day is over is local weather forecasters. Sure, I was 2-2 on my playoff predictions, but they've been about as reliable as a Magic 8-ball when it comes to winter storms in the greater (or slightly mediocre) DC area. First, we were told that two fronts were going to combine to give us our first big snow of 2011. Then, it was maybe 4 to 6 inches. Now, it's a light dusting. As I look out my window at 5:30 pm, I've seen more flakes in a dandruff shampoo commercial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting for something that will snarl traffic and send people screaming to the store for enough toilet paper to stock Pepto-palooza '11, I just want to see our paid prognosticators actually get something right. Stop teasing us. Not that it's a tease for kids anymore, because the school districts are so reactionary, the mere mention of snow has them canceling classes for days. They didn't get things totally wrong. There is snow, it just missed us high and outside. Philly up to Boston is getting buried. And I just learned that it's snowing inside a house in Philly. My impossibly adorable niece and nephew got a hold of a roll of toilet paper, shredded it, and made it snow in my sister's living room...That's the funniest damn thing I've heard all day.

See you Wednesday...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home