Monday, January 10, 2011

Round Up 1.10.11

Hey there, 'Redheads... Happy Monday to ya. An anagram for "Monday" is "dynamo", which means "an energetic hard-working person". The bulk of my Monday has been spent futzing around on the internet, howabout you? I had a pretty fun weekend, which was spent doing manly things, consuming red meat and pork products, guzzling beer, watching playoff football, and playing poker with money I couldn't afford to lose.

I'm pretty happy with my NFL wildcard predictions. I went 2-2. I will always claim to be as accurate as a coin flip. The big upset, that no one outside of Seattle picked, was the Seahawks lighting up the defending SuperBowl champion Saints for 41 points. The back breaker for New Orleans came on an improbable 67 yard TD run from castoff Buffalo Bill, Marshawn Lynch. Every member of the defense had a shot at tackling him and whiffed like Charlie Brown getting the football pulled away by Lucy. Here's a replay...

Amazing how far they've come with highlight technology these days. Another cool thing about that touchdown, the resulting ruckus created in the stands caused a goddamn earthquake. Up until that point, in the regular season, the only disaster on that field was the game play of the Seattle Seahawks. Philly fans have been known to cause odd natural occurrences too. They make it rain batteries.

Here's some fun comedy tidbits to take note of. Starting Monday, the 17th, Magooby's Joke House will attempt to break the world record for longest continuous comedy show. 81 hours. I'll be making up an hour and a half of that, performing a half hour set on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 8:00pm. Proceeds from this herculean effort benefit the Special Olympics. Come check out a chunk of it and be a part of comedy history. This will probably be my only chance to get in the pages of the Guinness Book of World Records. If this doesn't work out, I'm going to have to grow my eyebrows really long or something. Also, mark your comedy calendars for March 31st - April 3rd. That's when I'll be returning to the DC Improv to feature for Judah Friedlander from 30 Rock. Click the respective links for info and tickets. And maybe become a fan on Facebook, if you haven't already.

See you tomorrow...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home