Friday, January 07, 2011

Picks n' Flicks

Hey there, 'Redheads... It's Friday, and my goal of consecutive daily posts, lackluster though they may be, has been met. I'll take a break over the weekend and start back up on Monday. Still not sure if the week will fall into any kind of format moving forward, but it's a start. I know, you don't care, just type the funny. Ok then. Two things, then I've got a couple pieces of eye candy for you to suck on.

First, with the recent success of Ted Williams and his flood of job offers, I've decided to start writing all of my resumes on cardboard.

Second, the NFL playoffs kick off this weekend, so here are my picks for the wildcard round. I like the Seahawks over the defending SuperBowl champion Saints. You heard me. Outside of Reggie Bush, who's three weeks back from a broken leg, the Saints don't have any running backs. They just put Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory on IR. Plus, the game is being played in Seattle, one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. Also, my girlfriend is from Washington, so I kinda have to. I'll take the Chiefs over the Ravens, mostly because I'm worried that the Ravens will succumb to whatever is killing all of these other birds around the world. Plus, I already picked the Chiefs for my rematch of SuperBowl I, so I gotta go with them. I'm in a quandary over the Jets/Colts game. I can't stand the Colts, but I'd really like the Jets to lose, so the NY papers can make bad "Agony of De-Feet" puns about Rex Ryan's foot fetish videos. Tie goes to the better joke, so I'll take the Colts. Finally, in the Eagles/Packers game, I'm taking the cheese to stand alone. The Packers have the D to contain Vick, and this will be payback for when Vick came into Lambeau with the Falcons and handed Green Bay their first home playoff loss.

Here's the eye candy I mentioned. First, the Ghostbusters trailer re-cut Inception style...


And here's an uncle putting a whoopin' on his nephew for acting like a thug on Facebook. The last line is classic...


See ya Monday...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home