Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August in the Wind

Hey there 'Redheads... So, hey... Been awhile. Sorry for the anemic August, but things have been a little hectic on my end. I wanted to make sure I shoehorned one last blog, so we can hit September in full stride...or with a slight limp. I've been busy the last couple weeks. Last weekend I had the pleasure of celebrating the nuptials of two of my best friends, Allyson and Chris. I was lucky enough to be the officiant of the ceremony. They repeated after me and everything. I don't have access to any of the pictures right now, but there was much rejoicing, and the open bar overfloweth. You can read all about it in an upcoming Washington Post Sunday Style section. They sent a photographer to cover the affair.

After an extended amount of time in dress shoes, I have to say, I gained a new respect for the ladies and the uncomfortable footwear they put up with. I wasn't wearing five inch pumps, but my dress shoes put a hurtin' on my tootsies. Over the course of the evening, they turned into bear traps on my feet. Luckily, my best girlfriend in the whole wide world had her first aid kit of a purse with her, and she had gel band-aids at the ready. My shoes gnawed a dime-sized notch out of the back of both of my heels. It's a hindrance on the dance floor when every step you take feels like you're taking a cheese grater to your Achilles tendon.

Luckily, my injuries won't keep me from participating in this year's fantasy football season. I have my first of three drafts tomorrow night and I am PUMPED. I can't wait for the stats to start flyin'. All I need is a team flag to unfurl. How's Mediocri3-D for a team name? I may re-use last year's Minnesota Vicarious. I'm also thinking about breaking out this as a team name...I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but that's pretty funny... So, I have my 3 beer mug ready to fuel my draft of a rag tag bunch to lead me to hypothetical glory. I'll give you a full breakdown after the draft. Or I'll have a breakdown during the draft. Either way, brace yourselves.

More to come...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home