Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Four... Score.

Hey there 'Redheads... This introductory part of every installment, where I apologize for not blogging in awhile, then make a few witty self-deprecating statements designed to lower your expectations, while piquing your curiosity to read further... Yeah, I'm having some trouble with that. Let's just take it as a given and move on, shall we? There's alot to get to. Where to start? Didja see those VMA's? Howabout that rabble rousing upstart, Kanye West ruining poor Taylor Swift's big moment, huh? Wow, and then Beyonce graciously giving Taylor a chance to finish her acceptance speech. Oh, and howabout anybody still giving a shit about MTV? Really, people. Get a hold of yourselves. Arguing over who is more deserving of a video music award is kinda like arguing over who would be faster in a race, if they were both gerbils. It's arbitrary and irrelevant. And it was probably staged anyway. If this incident proves anything, it's that Kanye West doesn't care about white people. I think my feelings can best be expressed in song...written and sung by Adam Dodd...



Now that I've gotten that out of my system, on to stuff that matters... Like fantasy football. I went 2-2 over the weekend. My four fantasy teams had me crunching numbers like Rain Man on meth. Again, I won't bore you with all the statistical minutiae, but the Minnesota Vicarious are going to be a hypothetical force to be virtually reckoned with this season, with a passing attack that includes Drew Brees, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, and Santonio Holmes. Just sayin'...

In real NFL goings on, I'd like to thank Jake Delhomme for his 5 turnover performance on Sunday, because it gives me an excuse to trot out one of my favorite lines... *ahem* I've seen fewer balls thrown away in a dog neutering facility. And scene. Howabout those Redskins, huh? That offense is a garbage fire. If you go into halftime and your punter has scored your only touchdown, I think it's time to stop basing your game plan on a previous night's bar bet. The defense didn't do much better. I've heard of the bend-but-don't-break defense, but this squad did the kind of bending that is usual reserved for Cirque du Soleil. It's a long season, and this was just the first game, but the 'Skins appear to have more holes than the Penthouse Invitational golf tournament.

The inevitable zombie uprising got a little more rhythm, as we lost Patrick Swayze yesterday. He finally got put in a corner by pancreatic cancer. Of course, he'll be remembered for his iconic roles in Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Road House, Red Dawn, and Point Break, but I'll always remember him for this little number...


Swayze, we hardly knew ye...

For those of you who give a crap and are curious about this installment's title, today (or yesterday now) marks this blog's 4th anniversary. I started this exercise in self importance shortly after moving in to Stately Stern Manor. Thanks for reading...and for not impeaching me.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mduette said...

Fantasy sports make so little sense to me I need to lie down.

Other than that, good stuff. Huzzah!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home