Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flaky

Hey there 'Redheads... Welcome to Day 26 of Blog-A-Day in May. One thing I pride myself on, is better than average grammar and spelling. Sure, I have the crutch of spellcheck to lean on, but I still spell pretty good. Comes from learning to type on an Apple IIc...before spellcheck existed. It also helps when you make words up. Anywho, enough of me beating my syntactical chest. Today, I spotted two glaring errors that are pretty tough to let slide.

The first comes to us from DC's own Washington Natinals...

Once again, they stopped just shy of misspelling DC, but this time they at least tried to distract from the blunder with...a grinning bobblehead.

You remember President Teddy Rossevelt. He came right before President Kraft and right after President McCheese. This club has some mental block against O's...oddly enough, they suck slightly more than the O's.

The other spelling misstep also came with a built-in distraction, as it was inked on Hayden Panetierre...

HOLLYWOOD - Hayden Panettiere may be regretting the tattoo running down her left side. The 19-year-old actress has a tattoo which reads “Vivere senza rimipianti” - an Italian phrase. The only problem is the tattoo is misspelled. Instead of “rimipianti” the actual spelling should be “rimpianti.”


And the fly in her chardonnay? The tattoo means, "Live without regrets". Kinda like when some douchebag gets an Asian character on his arm because it looks cool. He thinks it means "Flying Dragon", but anyone who can read Mandarin knows it means "Chicken Fried Rice". It helps that she's hot and most people can't read Italian that isn't on an Olive Garden menu.

See ya tomorrow...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CMH said...

yup, we're out here, and we're all LAUGHING AT YOU!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

"One thing I pride myself on, is better than average grammar and spelling. Sure, I have the crutch of spellcheck to lean on, but I still spell pretty good."

What's wrong with this? Shouldn't the better then average grammar guy know it should be "spell pretty well."

8:29 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

So it just occurred to me that the lines referred to in my previous comment may have been a joke that went over my head, the first time. Sorry, it was a long night...

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home