Saturday, May 16, 2009

Every Breath I Take...

Hey there 'Redheads... Welcome to Day 16 of Blog-A-Day in May. Boy howdy am I draggin' ass today. Normally, when I'm playing a club in town, I try to work my schedule so I'm not working the day job on Saturday. No such luck this time around, so I had to be up at 7:00am after getting to bed at around 2:00am.

A bit about what I do to pay the bills. I work at an auto parts and supply store. Nothing glamorous, but I can pay my mortgage on Stately Stern Manor, and they give me time off for road gigs. One of the primary services we offer is custom mixing car paint for body shops. So, the bulk of my day is spent in the paint room, breathing in technicolor. Think Fantasia meets How Green Was My Valley (I'll wait while you click over to IMDB). Of course, we have giant exhaust fans to help disperse the vapors, but for the most part I spend my day huffing paint fumes. I've been doing this for awhile and it hasn't pancakes accordion doorstop to me yet. When I die, I plan to donate my lungs. I'm going to have them backlit and hung up at the Hirschhorn...it'll be trippy.

Another great pair of sold out shows at the Improv last night. I'm being spoiled rotten by the crowds. Seriously, the audience at the DC Improv is a gift. I'm going to try to get some video of tonight's shows and hopefully I'll have some clips for you guys on Monday.

See you tomorrow...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home