Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blog #129

Hey there 'Redheads... Welcome to November...only 53 procrastinating days left until 2008. I'd like my readers to rest assured that the Hollywood writers strike will have no adverse effect on the quality of this blog...it'll be just as shitty as ever. I swung by my local 7-11 and rounded up a couple day laborers to pick up the slack. I hope the strike ends soon, though. I found this disturbing little tidbit in this morning's USA Today...

The clock has stopped on 24. Fox confirmed that the real-time thriller's seventh season, which was to have run from January through May, will be delayed indefinitely. It is the first major casualty of the writers' strike, in its third day Wednesday.

Get your shit together, Hollywood, before Keifer Sutherland gets hammered and starts torturing writers with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. If it doesn't get resolved soon, I'm here to offer the services of the writing team who brought you GUYS WATCHING 24. Pick our scabs.

Here's another nugget of news that I found amusing...

Michael Jackson appears on the December 2007 of Ebony Magazine to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the world’s best-selling album, Thriller.

For the issue, the magazine will temporarily change its name to Irony. Really? Thriller is a great album, but Michael Jackson looks like the photo negative of an Ebony cover. Vincent Price has more color than Michael Jackson. He would look less out of place as the spokesman for Gap Kids.

'Redheads, find yourself a piece of cake and a balloon and wish my impossibly cute nephew a happy birthday. He's the big 0-1. Stand by for pictures from the par-tay...






I'll give you some time to recover from that stampede of cute. Your senses are no doubt completely overloaded by this dimple dyna-mo. Since it was his 1st birthday, it took him a little while to realize that it was all for him. Once the presents got opened, I think it sunk in...MINE! I have to think that's the predominant thought in a baby's head anyway, but he seemed to noodle it through the he was even more special that day.

I plan on adopting Mo's mentality in about a week, when I step off a plane and hit the strip in Las Vegas (I will NOT use the phrase "VEGAS BABY" at all...except for just then). I'll be down there in support of my buddy, Chris White, who is taking part in the Las Vegas Comedy Festival. There will be much poker played. Hopefully, I won't come home wearing a barrel. Can't wait.

Tonight, I'm heading out to catch my friend's band, Kid Goat, at the Quarry House Tavern. I'm excited, not only to see the band but because the Quarry House is right across the street from another place I'm eager to check out...Piratz Tavern. A pirate themed bar, with wench-themed waitresses. It's Hooters with scurvy.

Finally, just in time for gas prices to get higher than a roadie for the Black Crowes, I'm hittin' the road for a weekend of shows in the land of Dunder-Mifflin, Scranton, PA. I'll be at .Wisecracker's trying to force feed laughter to the Scrantonians. If you're in the area, come say hi.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mduette said...

Ah, yes...Ebony and Irony ;)
Too funny. (I mean that literally..I blacked out for a second.) See? See what I did there?

Anyhoot you got much validation on the cuteness that is Mo from me already but I'll say it again...AWWWWWW. :)

Have fun in Vegas, baby :P

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home