Monday, October 29, 2007

Fallout

Hey there 'Redheads... Long time, no type. Once again, I've tried to stockpile interesting crap, so that when I clean out the lint trap in my head, I can knit you a proper toaster cozy. It's sentences like that that make ya wish I waited just a bit longer... I've got a bunch of cool things on the comedy horizon to call your attention to:

On November 24th, I'll be joining a gaggle of comedy compatriots on stage at the DC Improv Comedy Lounge. The show is going to be taped for Comcast Comedy Open Mic On Demand. The cavalcade includes Chris White, Jon Mumma, Justin Schlegel, Mike Way, Sean Gabbert, and many more...ok, six more. Wanna be in the audience to check out this comedy conglomerate? Click here for tickets and info.

On November 28th, Rob Maher and I will be doing our part to make sure we aren't irretrievably awful people, and take part in the DC Firefighters Burn Foundation Benefit for Children’s Hospital at the Clarendon Grill.

On December 15th, just in time for Hannukah, I'll be on stage at the Comedy Spot for a show that's being called Jew Man Group. Myself, Leo Goodman, Adam Ruben, and Ben Isaac take the stage for an evening of shpilkis. We could also be called The Mensches of Comedy, or The Disappointed Mother Tour, or Cheaper Than Therapy, the list goes on. Please to be clicking here for tickets and info.

Over the weekend, I got a chance to work with two of my favorite funny folk, Erin Jackson and T-Rexx, at the Baltimore Comedy Factory. Big thanks to the staff up there for a fun couple of nights. I was a little disappointed that no one showed up in costume the whole weekend. There was one guy who looked like Kenny Rogers, but that hardly counts. A great septet of shows in Charm City was capped off by a fracas...a donnybrook...a rhubarb...a BEAT DOWN. I shall now give you the play-by-play of this impromptu UFC pay-per-view...
T-Rexx was closing his set with his classic bit about getting his retarded cousin drunk. I requested he do it. It keeps getting funnier every time I hear it. The sold out crowd was laughing along with him...except for one guy, who was sitting in the second row on stage right. He wasn't enjoying it at all. To the point that T-Rexx said to him, "I don't know how much it cost to get in, but it's free to leave. Because this is going to get worse." As he finishes up his set, I start walking toward the stage to bring him off. After he gets done plugging his DVDs, the disgruntled guy says, "Why don't you get off the motherfucking stage, motherfucker." An exchange of "fuck yous" was had. Then, T-Rexx hand me his jacket and steps off stage next to where the guy was sitting, and strikes a Bruce Lee pose in front of him...complete with kung-fu yowl.
Knock knock, mo fo...

Well, being drunk and belligerent, the guy stands up. He rears back to swing and, before he can get off a punch, T-Rexx hits him twice in the chest and once in the face. The guy tackles T-Rexx into a row of chairs that were quickly evacuated by the crowd. From the stage, I see T-Rexx grab the guy's wrist and grapevine his arm with his legs. Security breaks it up and drags the guy out by his collar, leaving behind a bloody smear on T-Rexx's pant leg. Thank you Baltimore, goodnight.

Your comedy homework is to vote for Erin Jackson on Ziddio.com early and often...send her to Vegas.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mduette said...

Ah yes...the lesser known 'laugh or I'll give you something to laugh about!' defense. ;)

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home