Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Drafty

Hey there 'Redheads... Wow, another month has flown past. September is on the horizon, and with it, some nice little nuggets of fun. None of those nuggets are comedy work, unfortunately. I appear to have shot my wad in the first 3 quarters of the year. My next 3 months is so thin, it makes Nichole Richie look like...less of a pregnant skeleton. I'm gettin' desperate...


This week marks my second year here at Stately Stern Manor. I moved in right around when Katrina hit. I still have yet to host an official housewarming party. At this point, it'd be a house re-heating party. When I finally get around to it, you're all invited...bring a bundt cake. Speaking of parties, there's another one on the way. I turn 32 on Sept. 24th. At the very least, a candle will be stuck in the blowhole of a Fudgy the Whale. I have pretty high expectations for this year, though, as I've discovered that I share my birthday with a couple people that can stand to be around me...so, perhaps a mega-party can be arranged.

Of course, the big deal in September is the start of football season and with it, fantasy football season. This year, I'm playing in a league with a bunch of other comics, including a couple local favorites, Mike Shader and Kelly Terranova. We had our draft earlier this evening...I'm pretty happy with my team. The draft went as expected...except the yuck-a-puck with the first pick came out of left field and drafted Drew Brees. Here is your starting line-up for Team 2007...Shit's Crazy:
QB: The Golden Boy, Tom Brady (NE)
RB: Rudi Johnson (CIN)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
WR: Reggie Wayne (IND)
WR: Donte Stallworth (NE)
TE: Vernon Davis (SF)
K: Josh Brown (SEA)
DEF: New England
Yes, it's very Patriot-heavy, but you can't go far wrong riding that horse. The season can't start soon enough. Let's play some imaginary pigskin.

Before I go any further, I would be remiss if I did not thank the entire staff at Banana's Comedy Club in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ for a great weekend. It started off slow as the ride up to the club was stretched out by a jack-knifed tanker truck that turned the last 4 miles of my drive into a 2+ hour crawl. Anyone who's been to Jersey knows it has a distinct bouquet. I made the mistake of having my windows rolled down as I hit the meat of the turnpike. I think I singed my eyebrows. I was reminded of this classic scene from Kentucky Fried Movie...

...cracks me up every time.

On the way home, I stopped off in Philly to engage in my new favorite pastime, playing with my impossibly cute nephew, Mo. Brace yourself for the ensuing adorability...



Just when you think he's reached the plateau of cute, BAM, he hits a new high. Buy stock in this kid's dimples...it's fiscally responsible...send the money to me.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mduette said...

Good thing we've got another impossibly cute one on this coast, too, to balance it all out. The yin and yang of Cutettitude.

Oh, and don't hurt Fudgy! ;)

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home