Thursday, February 13, 2014

But Enough About Me...

Hello to my abandoned readers. My blogging muscles have atrophied from overuse of Twitter. All of my pithy blurbs are available to you on the right-hand side of the blog, by the way. I'm not even sure if I have much else to say, but I felt the need to put a fresh post on here. Let me update you on what's happened in my world since last you strained your eyes and feigned interest...

I got married. That was pretty big. As I type this, my lovely wife is looking over the mass of pictures of the blessed event. We're coming up on six months, so it's about time we get albums made. Here's one of the better ones...

Aren't we adorable? Anyway, I'll stop boring you with that so I can bore you with this: I ended up winning the Best Comedian in D.C. in the 2013 Washington City Paper Reader's Poll. Thanks to everyone who voted. I won the fabulous blue widget, suitable for mounting on the right-hand side of the blog, and expectations I can never reach. Winning was a gift and a curse. Sure, it's great to be validated after nearly 12 years doing stand-up, but I hate using it to promote myself because if it gets mentioned before I go on-stage, I feel like everyone is waiting for me to prove it to them. I like to keep everyone's expectations super-low, then nimbly step over them. The cool thing about it was that was the first time that category was awarded, so I set the standard low for the next winner. Speaking of which, voting is open for the 2014 Washington City Paper Reader's Poll, so please to click on the giant orange button on the right-hand side of the blog for all of your voting-for-me needs. Help make me the first two-time winner. I'll be able to add "coincidental" to my list of potential adjectives. I'm at least as funny as I was last year.

I'm also waiting to hear back about another potential opportunity to beg for votes on a national level. I'm ready to take my pandering to the big time. We'll see if it pans out. I'm not holding my breath, but I had a positive experience auditioning for a reality TV show. I'm just waiting for them to tell me whether or not I have talent. Stay tuned.

So, my goal is to hopefully put together an entry once a week for as long as either of us can stand it. In the meantime, go ahead and follow me on Twitter @FunnyJared. I'm at about 210 followers, which is okay until I realized that's only 30 followers on Dog Twitter.

I promise the next installment will be slightly less self-centered. Maybe. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home