Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Insert Title Here

Hey there, 'Redheads... Spring is over and Summer has arrived. The year is halfway over and it's about this time I try to take stock of what I've accomplished so far. Well, thanks to my buddy, Chris White, I was able to accomplish something big right before the equinox. Last weekend, he recorded his new CD and I opened the show for him. Since he was gracious enough to have tape rolling during my set too, I ended up recording a new album as well. Not sure what to call it yet, but I'm hoping to have something consumable for my dozens of rabid fans soon. Ok, maybe not rabid. My slightly interested fans. Stay tuned.

The big news this week is the death of jackass of all trades, Ryan Dunn, perhaps best known for putting a toy car in his butt for our amusement. Jackass is one of my guilty pleasures. I used to pretend I was above it back in their heyday with MTV, but then my housemate sat me down and made me watch the movie and I sharted, I laughed so hard. It's always a shock when a 34 year old is cut down in his prime, but considering his line of work, this one wasn't that big a surprise. He got paid to reenact Wile E. Coyote cartoons with his friends. In our morbid heart of hearts, I think we all knew one of them was going to die young, but I just thought it would be on set. I guess the only thing shocking about this senseless tragedy is that it wasn't more senseless. It was just a car wreck. A spectacular wreck, but I would've expected him to meet his end covered in peanut butter on a pair of rocket skates or something. There was a headline that ran on AOL today that read, "Ryan Dunn's Cause of Death Confirmed." That really took a medical examiner a day to figure that out? The only way this qualifies as news is if the coroner says, "Yeah, turns out it was complications from pneumonia." And now comes news that the Westboro Baptist Church is going to picket the funeral. Good. This is the wrong group of mourners to fuck with. If they don't get a septic tank full of angry bees dumped on them, I'll be disappointed. Ryan, we hardly knew ye.

I'm getting back into mash-ups recently and I found two good ones for you to stick in your ear holes. You get videos too...


See you soon.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home