Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trivial Pursuits

Hey there, 'Redheads... I'm beat. I've got very little in me to blog about right now and I could curl up on the floor and fall asleep, I'm so tired.

There's one reader out there that I'll get no sympathy from, and that's my buddy Nick, who, pending confirmation, just smashed the world record for Longest Quizmaster Marathon. He stayed up 34 hours to do it, asking a question a minute. I was there for five of those hours last night to help out with scoring. I'll tell you what the biggest issue was for me in that time, so I can only imagine what it was like for the people who went the whole way, was swamp ass. You have to pace yourself and make sure you air things out every half hour or so. My favorite moment from last night, after the question was asked, "Who was the oldest of the Marx Brothers?", I overheard a member of one of the teams wonder aloud, "Was Steve a Marx Brother?" Maybe I was just giddy, but I laughed about that for awhile. The winning team, El Guapo, took home a cool $1000 in ones. That's making it rain money. I just got off the phone with Nick, and he told me that after 34 hours, the winning score came down to just seven points. Very cool. Congrats to everyone involved.

See you Wednesday.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home