Friday, April 08, 2011

Three Fiddy

Hey there, 'Redheads... Welcome to the 350th installment of the blog. Yes, these arbitrary milestones are coming fast and furious since I started my consecutive weekdaily streak. I want to assure you that the blog will continue despite the impending government shutdown. I managed to secure funding through a grant from Matthew Lesko. For some reason, every time I hear about the government shutting down, I picture President Obama throwing a giant Frankenstein switch at midnight and the backlight on the display case of the Constitution going dim.

Many people, rightfully so, are in an uproar about shutdown, especially regarding the halting of services, like trash removal. Other people, like myself, are giddy that we'll be able to park anywhere in the city for free. Anyone want to put a wager on when the plague starts making a comeback? A friend of mine started a grassroots movement on Facebook in response to the shutdown, that appears to have garnered some national media attention. It's called "If Boehner shuts down the government I am taking my trash to his house". As of right now, over 6,000 people have RSVP'd for it. If you're interested in making John Boehner look like an orange Oscar the Grouch, click here for all the details.

I'm not a political guy. Trying to understand the Rube Goldberg inner workings of our government makes my head hurt. But I'm pretty sure, when I wake up tomorrow, the streets of DC aren't going to look like a scene out of Mad Max just because a bunch of politicians decided to take their ball and go home.

See you Monday, unless we stop observing time between now and then. Hey, clocks cost money.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home