Monday, April 18, 2011

Passover, Then Pass Out

Hey there, 'Redheads... I've got a couple glasses of Maneschevitz in me, so this blog will be short and sweet, then it's bedtime for Bonzo. I just got back from Passover seder, one of the many times that Jews celebrate the recurring theme of, "They tried to kill us. They didn't. Let's eat." I enjoy Passover, mostly because you're required to drink four glasses of wine, but also because we get to take credit for building the pyramids. Since the seder I was at had small children present, we used a haggadah for kids. It was a bit more sing-songy, but it kept them involved. Sort of like One Fish, Two Fish , Red Fish, Gefilte Fish. It took pieces of the Passover story and made songs out of them to the tune of "Pop Goes the Weasel" or "On Top of Old Smokey." My favorite was the song about the ten plagues that was put to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It." That's now my second favorite song about the plagues. What's my favorite, you ask?
During the seder, it's customary to ask the four questions about why this night is different from all other nights. Well, now that it's over, I have a couple follow up questions... 1) Why does my head hurt? 2) Why did I eat so much kugel? 3) Why do I keep forgetting that I can't stand macaroons? And 4) What's the deal with gefilte fish? Personally, I think gefilte fish is people.

All questions for another day. I'm going to bed. See you Tuesday. By the way, spell check hates the Jews apparently. Just sayin'...

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Mmmmm, kugel.

Hag samayach, or how ever it's transliterated.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home