Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oblogatory

Hey there, 'Redheads... This one is just to keep the streak alive. Not sure what's going to fill the space, but I'll come up with something. I'm typing this from the third floor and heat rises. I'd like to think it's just the heat and not that I'm horribly out of shape that's making me break a sweat while I type. Speaking of being a sweaty tub of goo, I stepped on a scale for the first time in awhile and I saw a one in the hundreds place. That gypsy curse is starting to pay off. Looks like having three flights of stairs in my house is having a positive effect. I can't lose too much weight, though. If I start looking svelt, I lose five good minutes worth of fat jokes. It's a delicate balance I'm trying to maintain. I want to be in shape, but my self-deprecation needs to be believable. As my buddy Jerry Thomas always says, "Verisimilitude."

Tomorrow, I'm going to be reminded of how old I am too. I'm going to the 15th anniversary show of Sketchup, UMD's sketch comedy group that I was a founding member of back in 1996. What's really going to make me feel ancient is the after party. Nothing makes 35 feel like 70 like attending a college kegger. I'll have a full recap at some point. I hit the road for a gig in Warwick, Rhode Island on Friday, so my blogging schedule will be all screwed up.

'Til then. See you Thursday.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home