Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Slim Pickins

Hey there, 'Redheads... And welcome to everyone who found their way here via DCBlogs.com. Stay awhile. Make yourself at home. Here you'll find mild amusement for your momentary distraction. Give your eyes a snack. While you're here, why not click on over to my fan page on Facebook or enjoy some of the fine comedic video sketches linked conveniently on the right.

For those of you expecting the third installment in my Mardi Gras travelogue, I'm putting that off for a day for two reasons. First, I was in a car accident this morning, involving a utility pole, so I'm not exactly in the right headspace to reminisce about strip clubs. Second, it's TOURNEY TIME, and I want to get my horrendous picks on record before the games tip off tomorrow afternoon. I'll get back to Mardi-blogging tomorrow, as my brackets crash down around me. Let's get to pickin'...

In the East Region, I'm pretty much going chalk. I've got the 1-4 seeds making it to the Sweet 16. However, I have UNC beating Ohio State to make it to the Final Four. With my luck, Washington will take out UNC in the 2nd round and my ACC/Big East bias will be my undoing once again (I'm looking at you, Georgetown).

In the West Region, I start to upset the apple cart a little. I've got Oakland barging their way into the Sweet 16, only to have their plucky little hearts carved out by Duke. But the Cobra Kai of college basketball gets theirs when San Diego State beats them to get into the Final Four.

In the Southeast Region, I'll take Richmond over Vandy, Florida State over Texas A & M, and the winner of the play-in game over Georgetown as early upsets. All of those mean nothing in the long run, since I have the top four seeds making it to the Sweet 16. Then I've got Louisville taking out Kansas, then getting beat by Notre Dame for the spot in the Final Four. If you're keeping score at home, that three #2 seeds so far.

The Southwest Region is a free-for-all. Let's just put it out there. I've got Kansas State vs. Michigan State as my Elite 8 match-up in this region. That's a #5 seed against a #10 seed. Kansas State wins which completes my Final Four.

UNC takes out San Diego State and Kansas State beats Notre Dame, then the Tar Heels win the whole shebang. Ok, you see what I did there? Don't do that.

See you Thursday.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home