Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Round Up

Hey there, 'Redheads... For all of you who were working for the weekend, congratulations, you've arrived. I just got back from a show at my alma mater, the University of Maryland, to judge a preliminary round of the District's Funniest College competition and tell jokes to the disaffected youth. Not only was the audience packed, but all of the fifteen contestants acquitted themselves nicely. Go Terps. Afterwards, I got to talking to a couple current members of the sketch comedy group I helped found, Sketchup. They'll be having their 15th anniversary show in April. I feel proud and old at the same time.

Apparently, Charlie Sheen has gone Busey on us. If you haven't heard his radio rant from yesterday, he referred to himself as a "Vatican assassin warlock." If that's not the next movie on SyFy Channel, I'll be sorely disappointed. He can fight Sharktopus. He rambled for about twenty minutes about how he's healed himself with his mind and how he's unappreciated for polishing turds into comedy gold. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. It makes Mel Gibson sound like Frasier Crane. Now CBS has halted production on Two and a Half Men and everyone is worried what will become of one of the highest rated sitcoms on TV. I have a simple solution for them. Something that has worked for shows like Happy Days and Married with Children. Two words: Ted McGinley. He's plug and play. Give him a call. I bet his schedule is wide open.

The Oscars are Sunday and the only thing I'm really looking forward to is the In Memoriam segment. I've only seen two of the flicks that are up for Best Picture, Inception and The Fighter. All I know is, Inception was one of the most satisfying movie going experiences I've had in about five years. It was original and well made. Right now, my opinion of the movie industry isn't great. So many remakes and reboots and regurgitated crap in 3-D. There are plans in the works to remake Fletch, Highlander, and to reboot Spider-man and Superman. Hollywood, reboot thyself. Just re-release the original movies. You're just trying to mine the nostalgia anyway. Howabout you leave our memories alone and go make some new ones, huh? By the way, if you pay money to see Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, we can't be friends anymore. Just putting that out there.

See you Monday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home