Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blarney and Friends

Hey there, 'Redheads... Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all. The day we commemorate St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland by drinking enough Guinness to float an aircraft carrier. Mine hasn't been all that happy. I found out today that my vehicle was totaled in the accident I had on Wednesday. It's all kinds of smashy. I'm conflicted about it. On the one hand, I'm getting a new car. On the other hand, I'm getting a giant headache dealing with the insurance and all of the other crap. We've been through alot together, the Liberty and I. Countless comedy road trips, through all sorts of weather, it was a trusty steed. It only ever left me stranded twice, and both times it was stolen, it faithfully returned to me. Over 163,000 miles of loyal service. Liberty, I hardly knew ye...

Well, that was somber. Let's lighten the mood with a St. Patty's Day favorite...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if that doesn't make you smile, you're not human.

So far, through the bulk of today's NCAA tournament play, my brackets have remained largely unscathed. I picked the Richmond upset and I was on the right side of the hotly contested Butler/Old Dominion tilt. The one giant pockmark came when Louisville, a team I picked to advance to the Elite 8, crapped in their hat and got beat by Morehead State. The only comfort I take in that is that only two people picked Morehead State to win, Tiger Woods and Charlie Sheen. They are alumni, right? By the way, I caught some of the coverage online today at work, Leslie Visser looks like the Crypt Keeper in a pink sweater. She is not meant to be within a thousand paces of an HD lens.

See you Friday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home