Monday, February 21, 2011

Prez Dispenser

Hey there, 'Redheads... Happy President's Day to you and yours. The day when we celebrate the presidents of the past, like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, and the presidents of the modern day, like David Palmer and Bill Pullman from Independence Day. It's because of them that we're able to get such great deals on mattresses and cars. While some presidents are well known to us, there are some that remain a mystery...

So, here's my gym update thus far. I've been going and sticking to the regimen that the trainer showed me. I tried to kick it up a notch and take a cardio kickboxing class today. Here's a sure sign that such a class is not for you: your field of vision starts to narrow five minutes in. Holy crap, am I out of shape. My girlfriend tells me that the burning in my lungs was normal, but that was red flag for me. I gave it what I could before stumbling out of the class to try to catch my breath, which left a couple minutes before.

On Sunday, my gal and I embarked on a road trip. We flipped a series of coins to figure out which direction to go, and south won. We ended up at Calvert Cliffs State Park...It was pretty scenic. It was a picturesque (because I took pictures) two mile hike out to the cliffs, which were essentially carved out of years of erosion. They were made of sand and clay. People are encouraged to dig through the layers to try and find fossilized shark teeth and such. I had been spoiled for nature after my visit to the Grand Canyon last year, but enough time had past that I wasn't so jaded that this wasn't cool to look at. Nature is fun, when it's not trying to kill you. Here are some other shots from our hike...I'm a regular Ansel Adams. Anyway, it's a fun way to spend a Sunday if you've got nothing to do. It was about an hour and a half drive and Solomon's Island is right near by, if you dig seafood.

See you Tuesday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home