Friday, May 15, 2009

The Ides...

Hey there 'Redheads... It's Day 15 of Blog-A-Day in May. If my calculations are correct, I'm at the midpoint of this month-long exercise. What better time to look back on the two week trail of tripe...? Sure, some of you might see this for a veiled attempt to pass off regurgitation as regular content. Just think of me as the mama bird, feeding you chirping chickadees...I'm running on fumes today...roll with it. And now the Top 3 best lines/blurbs so far...

3. From Day 4, the transcript of an IM I had with my sister about my nephew Mo's recent spill...

Lauren: yeah, don't know if mom or dad told you, he fell and banged his mouth pretty bad...

Jared:
yeah, I heard that

Lauren:
he was all swollen for the past two days...didn't look like our little moshe

Jared: awww... poor kid... he chip a toof?

Lauren:
No, thank G-d...but he's really bruised and there are dark marks behind his 2 front teeth... the swelling went down today, but he still has a lot of bruising

Jared:
that's how you learn not to stand on a rocking chair... he's wobbly enough without help

Lauren: the whole thing was so flukey... i always tell him not to stand on chairs

Jared: now the chair told him

Lauren: right

Jared: and the floor said, "told ya"

Lauren: uch, he was so sad

Jared: :o/

Lauren: no, the book case said "told ya"

Jared: OUCH

Lauren: mm hmm

Jared: this is why I don't read... books are a hazard

Lauren: lol



Jared: especially in cases

2. From Day 6...

I wanted to share a short exchange I had with my friend Sam (short for Samantha) at one of my weekly poker games last night. Sam can be described as spunky. I forget how the conversation got there, but she admitted to having a Tinkerbell t-shirt. I remarked that didn't shock me in the slightest. She said, "Because I constantly zip around the room." And I added, "And because we clap when we believe you exist."

1. From Day 12, reflecting on the death of munchkin, Mickey Carroll...

This story got me to wondering...how many munchkins are there left? The annual meeting of the Lollipop Guild probably takes up half a booth at Chuck E. Cheese now. There was another story in the news today about how Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are paying the nursing home bills of the last remaining Titanic survivor. We're down to two Golden Girls now too. What generational icons will we have when we get to that age? I mean, I've already started the clock waiting for the cast of The Hills to die.

Shows at the DC Improv for Friday and Saturday are SOLD OUT. The only tix available are for Sunday. Get 'em while the gettin' is good.

See you tomorrow...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home