Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm Not Bad...I Just Blog This Way

Hey there 'Redheads... Long time, no blog. I wish I could say I've been terribly busy, but no...I'm just lazy.
I worry about myself sometimes. I worry that I might be an awful person. I'll give you an example. I was thumbing thru the paper on Thursday and found this story:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died after being struck by a train, officials said. Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking Monday near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train, authorities said. A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the accident occurred...

This made me chuckle. Yes, I know, I'm in my handbasket as I type this. But, I didn't stop there... I went ahead and typed out this little embellishment:

...Details are still being sorted out, as the only witnesses were Miss Blind Texas and Miss Dumb Texas...they were taking a break from practicing for the Austin Women's Team Pinball Championship. Police call it a "senseless tragedy."

This, apparently, came from the side of my brain that wears a goatee and an eyepatch. If that made you laugh, even just a little, I'll see ya in the smoking section.
Here's something creepy I stumbled upon when I googled the story... She had a MySpace account. Not unusual, but check out her comments section. Something about seeing R.I.P. messages online that makes me long for the days when spam was just bad meat.

Speaking of MySpace, I'd like to give a shout out to my good friend Chrissy. She's going through a patch of uncertainty and doldrums right now, and could use a cyber-hug. See? I'm not all bad...

This blog is short. I'll have another one for you in a day or so. In the meantime, I'll go sit in the corner.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home