Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Running Up

Hey there 'Redheads... Before I get things rolling, do you think that this would make a funny t-shirt...?


Maybe? I came up with the line the other day, and I thought it'd be the kind of thing that disaffected youth might blow $20 on at Hot Topic. I've promised myself that I won't be sinking any more money into merchandising until I sell a few more crates of CDs (available online at the DCImprov.com...scroll down to find me sandwiched between Dennis Miller and Mitch Hedberg). Which means I won't be venturing into the pre-shrunk cotton wasteland of t-shirts 'til about '09...2109.

Unfortunately, it's time to mop up the blood from wearing my heart on my sleeve for my recently dispatched Maryland Terrapins. They fought a good fight, but in the end they were felled by a questionable charging call and the sharpshooting of Butler's A.J. Graves. You shouldn't question this kid's resolve. He did, after all, destroy the one ring in the fires of Mount Doom...

The pride of J.R.R. Tolkein High...

To compound my Terps anguish, my NCAA tourney brackets are a complete mess. Of the teams that made it to the Sweet 16, I correctly picked 8 of them. For those of you playing along at home, that's 50%. I could've just flipped a roll of quarters and gotten the same result as my spotty knowledge of college basketball was able to prophesy. I guess I was kinda screwed because I mainly follow the ACC, and of the 7 ACC teams in the tournament, only one made it to the round of 16. So, in search of a cinderella team to root for to take it all, I now throw this blog's support behind the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Where blackjack is a varsity sport.

On Saturday, I got a chance to do a very cool show at the DC JCC with World Champion, Judah Friedlander. It was the kickoff of a series of events for the twenty-something Jewish social scene. Not exactly how I pictured spending my St. Patty's Day, but they dyed the Maneschevitz green to make it festive. The show itself was in a pretty nice theater that held 200+ and it was completely sold out. The way the seats were sloped, from the stage it was like looking at a wall of people. The show went great...I got them worked into a laughing lather for about 15 minutes, then made way for Judah.
It may not seem physically possible, but we're all #1

After the show was over, I mingled with the crowd as they exited the theater and was approached by more than one young lass who couldn't fathom that my material about not getting laid could be true. Once again, my apparent Clooneyish good looks betray me. Listen ladies, if you can't believe it, then I leave it to you to make it less awkward to interact with you. That way you can serve as your own control group to test your hypothesis. Some of you can have yourself some Jared...others will get sugar water. You tell me what's sweeter. Let the experimentation begin...

To be continued...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home