Friday, March 16, 2007

Mad As Hell

Hey there 'Redheads... With all the hub-bub about the 100th post, I neglected to mention the madness of the NCAA tourney and the gambling thereon (it's phrases like that that make me wonder if "Charlize" is a verb...it might explain why I keep thinking about conjugating her...best to just move past the parenthesis). This is the time of year that turns the average housewife into the Oracle at Delphi because they pick the perfect bracket based solely on which team's mascot is the cutest. Amidst all of the bracketology and the in depth team by team breakdowns, the nation's productivity levels plummet while the degenerate gambling populace check their brackets at work more frequently than I think about conjugating Charlize Theron. I filled out two brackets this year, one on paper and one on ESPN.com with some comedy friends. Looking back on it, picking Florida A&M to win it all was probably a long shot. My brackets have more ugly picks than a guy who eats his scabs.
As crappy as my picks were, I was right about the only two things that matter to me. Terps won. Duke lost. Let me say again, Duke lost. In the first round. And everyone saw it coming. On a day that saw all of the other high seeds advance, they were the lone upset. Mmmm...just a spoonful of sugar to watch the Dukies go down...Duke tears, by the way, are nature's sweet n' low. They're a hateable team...it's not news, I know but, as a UMd alum (best 7 years of my life...and no, I'm not a doctor), I take special satisfaction in watching the Dukies take a tumble while we play on. It also irks the shit out of me that Coach K looks like the mascot. It's as if that foam rubber outfit wished it could be a real boy. In case you missed it, here's the only minute that mattered from Thursday night...

Oh, is this a dagger I see before me? Love it.

Go Terps.

To be continued...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home