Monday, December 25, 2006

And That's My Year...

Hey there 'Redheads... '06 is a week away from being an I Love The special on VH1. The last couple days are going to be spent in a lazy haze of recovery from Xmas and preparation to celebrate the passage of time. A couple random things to get to in what will probably be the last installment of the year. It won't be a recap, mostly because I'm simply not able to recall that much. Here, however, are the Top 3 things that happened to your favorite amiable zany this year...
#3. Lucking into opening for Train in front of 4000 people at the Erie Civic Center. The largest crowd I've ever been in front of, times 10.
#2. Featuring at the DC Improv. Big thanks to Chip Franklin for getting violently ill, which led to me filling in for him.
#1. Becoming an uncle. You've seen the pictures. Little Mo is cuter than the 1000 words those pictures are worth.
Speaking of little Moseph, my sister brought him to town to visit with me and the grandparents for a belated Hanukkah get-together. The highlight gift given was two sheets of stamps that my sister gave my parents that had Mo's picture on them...Mostage.

I mentioned this installment was random, here's something to make sure of it. This is an excerpt of an IM conversation that I had with avant gardian, Jerry Thomas:
Jared: I'm doing some career exploration...looking into voicework
Jerry: of what sort?
Jared: commercials, cartoons, etc... a friend of mine has a studio
Jerry: cool. pick me up some of that work while you're over there
Jared: I'll see what I can do
Jerry: thank you. you're being a real sport about this
Jared: yes...badminton. although it can be argued that isn't a real sport
Jerry: I think a real sport must include the possibility that one of the participants could be dead at the end of it
Jared: a shuttlecock in the eye will slow a guy down
Jerry: yeah, but it's not like get your head severed by a hockey skate
Jared: true
Jerry: it's not like pouring tabasco down a dolphin's blow hole either
Jared: ...also true
Jerry: sorry. I don't know why I said that
Jared: you have a knack for knowing what stuff isn't like
Jerry: I'm a genius!

Continuing with the randonimity (look it up), I'm happy to give you the latest video collaboration with freckled funnyman, Chris White. It's called 10,000 Miles and Runnin'. It shows what happens when that special relationship between man and bike goes the distance. I appear in the latter half of the vid. See if you can spot the irony when I show up. Enjoy.

Look for plenty more video projects in '07, including the second installment of GUYS WATCHING 24. Also coming in 2007, a brand new, fully functional, JaredLive.com. I know. You're welcome.

Finally, I was saddened to find out that the world lost one of it's greatest performers, James Brown. After all those years of clean living... He was, of course, known as the Godfather of Soul or Soul Brother #1, but he also held office...

December 9, 2003- US Secretary of State Colin Powell has named James Brown, the so-called "Godfather of Soul," to a new and unusual, but apparently fictitious, senior diplomatic position, the State Department said today. Spokesman Richard Boucher confirmed that Powell had indeed appointed Brown to be the first US "Secretary of Soul and Foreign Minister of Funk" but said the job description for the post had not yet been drawn up.

He didn't know karate, but he knew ca-razy. In looking for a proper tribute to the man who gave us Papa's Got A Brand New Bag and Livin' in America, I found a cool short film that he did with Clive Owen and Gary Oldman, called Beat the Devil.


Here's to everyone who laughed with, at, and near me in 2006. Let's do it all again next year.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home