Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oil Can

Hey there 'Redheads... It has been too long. I hope all of you had a good Columbus Day or, as it's called on Indian reservations, Moving Day. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole hell of alot to blog about for this installment...disappointing since this is Blogtober, I know. I've been stuck in a bit of a rut comedically, and I'm hoping to gain some traction and power out of it soon. Seeing some of my favorite locals lead audiences to laughter AND make them drink recently, has given me a much needed hitch in my giddy-up. Luckily, what was a pretty sparse month, as far as stage time, has turned into an opportunity to shake the rust off with some road work. Thursday, I head to Lancaster, PA, then off to Parkersburg, WV...oh, the glamour. It'll be nice to do a couple 30 minute sets in front of people who don't know me. Plus, the time in the car takes me to the Coney Island of the mind where I might find a spark or inspiration to get me going. Two places where jokes seem to lurk: the car and the toilet (the flux capacitor, por ejemplo)...like there's an easy button in my ass cheek.
So, here's the Jared Live tour schedule for the next week--
10/12 Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA
10/13 River City Tavern & Grill in Parkersburg, WV
10/17 Ned Devine's in Sterling, VA (do yourself a favor and check out this diamond of a venue in the rough of the local comedy landscape)
10/18 Arlington Cinema n' Drafthouse for round one of a comedy contest with a $2500 prize (the audience gets a vote, so come support me like the friendly buttresses you are)

Not exactly something to put on the back of a t-shirt, but it'll do for now.

In the absence of the usual blog innards, I offer you my first stab at internet video posting. Here are two 4 minute clips from my feature set at the DC Improv back in January. Please to be watching them.



While I was uploading that stuff, I figured I'd transpose something else to bits and bytes, for posterity. I'm a horrible person for doing it, but I feel it is a public service to other comedians and fans of comedy. In fairness, this clip is from 2003, so the performer should have gotten much better, and she will remain nameless. I submit this to you...glean from it what you will...listen to the good natured and open-minded crowd turn like milk left out in the sun.

If you were counting at home, the premise to punchline ratio (P2PR) was about 15 to 1. She moved to LA to do that. Just sayin' is all.

Did I mention that YouTube was just sold for $1.65 Billion? And the idea was probably thought of on the toilet...

To be continued...

2 Comments:

Blogger FunnyDanny said...

Jared, I have tried 4 times to get past that 'Dick/Colon/Bush joke...It burns...how does it end? I can't watch any more than that as my skin starts to boil...

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jon Mumma said...

Jared, thank you. The jewish rap was so painful but once I got through it, I went numb. This was one of the best things I have ever seen.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home