Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksblogging

Hey there 'Redheads... Boy, am I glad I didn't write this yesterday. I was in a kind of self-loathing blue funk that made it seem that things sucked so much that light couldn't escape. Apparently, you guys were lax in sending positive mojo my way, because I did not get cast for that talk show I auditioned for *sigh*. Congrats to comedy dynamo Justin Schlegel and human cartoon Jan Johns for getting the call. Curse their very talented hides. A plague on both their hilarious houses. Finding out that I didn't get it, stacked on top of a couple other opportunities I've been passed over for recently, made all of my usual ironic self-deprecating anti-hype seem plausible. Long story short: It stunk. Out loud. On ice. With a lemon twist and a dash of salt for the several thousand paper cuts on my psyche. The only thing that kept me from wondering aloud, "Why not me?" was the fear that someone would whip out list of about 50 reasons why not. Anyway, rather than sitting at home, stewing, I dragged myself out to the comedy hot spot of Ned Devine's. That was the perfect remedy. Good friends. Good crowd. Great laughs. So, in the spirit of the holiday, thanks to Rob Maher, Jessica Paquin, Brian Jett, Bird Knight, Hampton, Tyler Richardson, Jim Elliott, and everyone else who unknowingly took the thorn out of my paw with their camaraderie. Chalk up another quality of the blog...cheaper than therapy.

Ok, enough of that noise. I did something a couple days ago that I'm not proud of and I'm here to take responsibility for it. I sent a mass email forward. A chain letter. I hadn't had enough sleep the night before and, in a moment of weakness, thought Bill Gates might send me money for every person I forwarded an email to. The last thing I ever want to do is perpetuate that kind of pointless unfunny garbage. To anyone who I might've sent that to, I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was completely without basis in fact and in was in no way fair comment...and was motivated purely by malice. And I deeply regret any distress the email may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such action at any time in the future. We good? Ok then.

If you'd like a taste of my weekend hijinks, please to be reading Joe Robinson's blog. I'll give you my take on it in the next installment. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a gravy drenched Turkey Day. I'll be back to my usual cheery blogging self when I wake up from the food coma.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home