Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Insomni-blog

Hey there 'Redheads... I wasn't planning on blogging tonight, but I can't sleep and this'll hopefully distract me from my hacking cough.
Remember last post, when I said I was waiting on a bunch of pictures to come through? Well, I've got some eye candy for you...suck on this.

Before I get to the visual lozenges, I'd like to extend a hearty thanks to Mike Diesel, Cary London, Lori Trawinski, Brian McClure, and the rest of the crackerjack staff at Wiseacre's Comedy Club for a fun, if lightly attended, weekend. I was hoping for a good turnout from friends, after pimping the show via phone, email, and MySpace to just about everyone I knew. Unfortunately, the number of my friends that showed up could be counted on one hand. These are two of my friends that I'd like to count with both hands, nudge nudge wink wink...

Hellooooooooo nurse.

Yes, Chrissy and Emily made the front row much more fun to look at. Also a big Bartles & Jaymes thank-you-for-your-support to Kat, Tim Miller, and fellow comedy horseman, Erik "Show The Fuckin' Movie" Myers.

Now, here's an inebriated flip-book to help fill in the visual blanks from last blog's bachelor party hijinks...




Most of those pictures are not how I remember them...they should be blurrier.

24 continues to kick ass as the sands sift through the 24-hourglass. Any of my fellow dorks catch the Star Wars moment in the first part of the show? Y'there, Danny? Let me see if I can set the scene. Once Jack (Vader) realizes that Miles, resident CTU douchebag, (whoever that Imperial douchebag was...it's late) has tampered with the recording, he grabs him by his throat and slams him against the wall *I find your lack of faith disturbing*. Karen (Grand Moff Tarkin) tells Jack that this is going nowhere and to let him go *This bickering is pointless. Vader, release him*. Jack loosens his grip *As you wish*. Aaaaaaaand, scene.

This might make me a complete asshole, but...


If you're looking for a great way to spend a Tuesday night, give the finger to American Idol and come check out a real talent competetion...the DC Improv open mic finals. Some heavy hitters on the bill, all fighting for a shot at the grand prize...not sure what that is, but it'll be a kick ass show.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home