Thursday, May 04, 2006

Clams on the Halfshell...and Rollerskates

Good times 'Redheads...good times. Let me start this installment out with some thanks. Every time I start to think I'm blogging to myself, I meet another person who tells me they read it. A shout out to Kat and my good buddy Brian Jett.

I'm not sure how many of you guys get here from my MySpace page, but you may've noticed that they finally started offering pages dedicated to comedy and comedians. I went ahead and converted my profile over to a comedy page. The transition has not been smooth. It's been a pain in MyAss. Hopefully I can get things squared away but, for now, my sound clips are off-line (yes, I know...how will you get by?).

I don't know if you guys and gals have heard the distant thunder in the dork heavens. On September 12th, 2006 behold as holy trilogy is bestowed on the world as it was meant to be...

That's right. No Greedo firing first. No ghost of Hayden Christensen at the end of Jedi. No cheesy digital tadpole Jabba.
Now, I realize this is Lucas shaking the money tree again as a thinly veiled apology to the fans for mortgaging their childhood fantasy for a larger special effects budget (...did that make any sense? No?...ok then). Not many of us have forgiven him for retro-fitting his original masterpiece to his recent piece of Sith. It's pretty ingenious, actually...it's a financial Jedi mind trick...the previous boxed set you plunked down $70 for isn't the one you're looking for... Well, apparently I'm weak minded, because I'll be in line at Best Buy, wrapped in my Star Wars sheets, plastic lightsaber held high, as I let my dork flag fly.

News Flash:

MEXICO CITY — Mexico's Congress approved a bill Friday decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and heroin for personal use — a measure sure to raise questions in Washington about Mexico's commitment to the war on drugs.

Bend a spoon for Cinco de Mayo, 'Redheads. I don't know much, but I do know that this can only lead to one thing (no, not people illegally immigrating to Mexico, ya hacks): Awesome Pinatas. Viva el Studio de Cinquenta y quatro!

To be continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger MegCormick said...

Does this mean it also has the original Ewok song at the end of Jedi??

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home