Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tick tock tick tock...

News Flash:

NEW YORK (AP) - Gordon Gould, a pioneer in laser technology who coined the word "laser" and won a decades-long struggle to secure patent rights for the most commonly used type, has died. He was 85. A spokesman for his family said that, after going through a wide spectrum of emotions, they are now, "set on stunned."

...Thanks, I'll be here all week.

On to the crux of today's post... 4 days and counting 'til I turn 30. This is the next big age milestone after 21 (though, the car-renting binge I went on when I turned 25 is Hertz legend) and I'm not quite sure how to...handle it. I have no clue what I want to do for the first birthday that I've had in awhile that lands on a weekend. I'm also wrestling with (in a steel cage) the notion of adulthood, and how I've been able sidestep many of its trappings up to now. Odds are I'm making WAY too big a deal out things, but hey, that's what blogs are for (keep smiling...keep shining).

A bunch of my other comedy buddies have blogs of their own, and apparently their loyal readers have left comments...soooooooo, lemme know if anybody's actually reading this thing or if I'm just blogging to myself.

Cool show coming up @ Wiseacre's in Tyson's Corner, VA next Wednesday. In lieu of the usual open mic, there'll be a Hurricane Relief Benefit show. It's being done in conjunction with a bunch of other clubs across the country.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home